Fun With Toys

Now that I get to spend a lot of time at home with Lizzy I get to use my imagination more then I use to at work. For example today Lizzy and I both picked out toys and gave them names. For fun you can try to guess which toys I named and which ones she did.


___Burt Reynolds_________________ Baby ___________________Steve


___Poindexter Merriwether III__________ Elmo ______________

After we named our toys Lizzy decided that they should go to Old Navy. She went shopping at Old Navy with Aba (Jen's Mom) and now likes to pretend that our dining room is an old Navy store. She also decided that baby was drinking a chi tea latte like mommy and Elmo had some Coffee.

I should also note that I try to use different voices for my toys so there is no confusion to who is speaking. Lizzy speaks in her own voice even if she is pretending to be a toy.

Once the scene was set our fun could begin...

Burt - "Hey guys i'm looking for a nice pull over fleece. What color should I get?"
Baby, Elmo or Lizzy - "I eat hot dogs with lunch?"
Steve - "I'm just here to shop, not to be eaten for lunch."
PMIII- "I think you should get a nice blue one Burt."
Baby, Elmo or Lizzy - "We go to zoo? Right now!!"
Matt - "lizzy do you want to go to the zoo?"
Lizzy - "Yeah"
Matt - "It's Tuesday, the Zoo isn't open on Tuesday. Are we done playing with your toys?'
Lizzy - "no"
Baby, Elmo, or Lizzy - "I'll Pay."
Burt - "for my pull over?"
Baby, Elmo, or Lizzy - "No, play with toys."
Lizzy - "Daddy, don't tease me."
Matt - "I'm not teasing you, I'm trying to play with your toys."
Burt - "can i pay with my credit card?"
Steve - "you should get an Old Navy card and save 10%."

While Burt is paying....

Steve - "I haven't seen you in awhile Poindexter, how's the family?"
Baby, Elmo, or Lizzy - "Look, Moo-moos at the beach"
PMIII - "Not bad Steve, we just got back from Florida. we were down there visiting relatives."
Steve -"bet the weather was nice"
PMIII - "nicer then here, but still humid...and lots of bugs."
Baby, Elmo, or Lizzy - "I catch bugs"
Steve - "Elmo you catch bugs?"
Lizzy - "I want gum"
Matt - "you only get gum if you use the potty"
Lizzy - "I have to poop."

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ione said...

How can I work out a deal to get gum when I use the potty?