ChristmasFunTime

I hope everyone had a great CHRISTMAS/HANUKKAH/KWANZAA!!!!

Yes, I just figured out that I could change the font color and size of my text.

Last year Lizzy had Chicken Pox and I couldn't be around her for a month. I spent most of December and some of January at my parents house and couldn't go to any family function with her.

In comparison this year's holiday season has been great. The best part was being able to see Jen and Lizzy during Jen's Christmas break. Some of the Highlights included:

- Lizzy sticking food up her nose - I called her pediatrician, her office was closed, she told us to take her to the emergency room to get the food removed. We spent 3 1/2 hours waiting to see the doctor. When he finally came to see her, he looked up her nose and said she must have swallowed it and discharged us. We waited another 30 minutes for our discharge papers before we could leave.

-Lizzy pooping for Santa - We took Lizzy to get her picture with Santa. She was dressed up and ready to tell him what she wanted for Christmas. At first she was a little intimidated but she slowly moved closer to the jolly fat man. When he asked what her name was Lizzy replied, "Santa, I pooped.".

-Jen's Christmas music - it starts after Thanksgiving and doesn't stop until midnight on Christmas day. This year Josh Groban was very popular. So popular that Lizzy began calling me Groban and then Josh Groban. On the hour drive home from Jen's Grandma's house she looked at me and said, "lay down Josh Groban." at least 25 times.

-The decision to put me incharge of our Christmas cards this year - I thought I did a great job until I started getting the "where is my Christmas card?" question. After all was said and done I figure I missed about a third of the friends and family that usually get our cards.

-The food - on Christmas Jen and I had family over in the morning for brunch. I cooked a couple of things that seemed to turn out okay. Later that day my mom and dad had our family over. Every year my mom prepares a bunch of food from ham and turkey to potatoes and greenbeans. Overall my favorites are her hors d'oeuvres. She makes realy good salami wraps, crab thingies, and olive balls. But, my favorites are her cocktail weanies and sausage and cheese balls. Christmas isn't Christmas until I've stuffed as many balls and weanies into my mouth as possible.







1 comment:

Quinn said...

Great post! I laughed out loud several times!