Dan


Jen and I went to a wedding over the weekend. When we got to our table I was excited to see that we were sitting with people I'd never met before. One of the people that I did know told me that the person sitting by me was also an accountant. As I anticipated his arrival, my excitement grew. I couldn't wait to talk to him about spreadsheets, ten keys, and mechanical pencils.

And then it happened, a flash of light from photographer's camera, the reflection off of a balding head. It was him. It had to be. He was wearing brown dress pants, a yellow short sleeve dress shirt, and a moustache.

As he got closer to our table the butterflies in my stomach were going nuts. His presence was so overwhelming that I threw up a little bit in my mouth.


The hall we were in was very loud and here is the conversation that took place:

Soft Speaking Magical Accountant Guy: "Hi, (the rest of his sentence was drowned out by band noise)"

Me: "Hi, My name is Matt"

Magical Accounting Guy: "Dan?"

Me: "nice to meet you, Dan"

Magical Accounting Guy: "nice to meet you to, Dan"

And then the moment passed.

The only other time I spoke to him was during dinner when he said: "hey Dan, could you pass me a roll?". My response, "sure Dan."


This post has been brought to you by the letter S, The Number 4, and Brad's Balls

5 comments:

Matt, Jen, and Lizzy Kwiatkowski said...

Are you blaming the confusion on your inability to hear or on your excitement? Should I be looking forward to brown pants and baldness :)

Joshua S Viers said...

Ahhh... it's like I was there.

You paint a vivid picture, Dan.

Natalie said...

Dan, that was an excellent story. Made me laugh out loud. Welcome to blogging.

Pat Mullin said...

holy crap! i'm curled up in pain right now. that is hilarious!!!

P.S. LACES OUT, DAN!!!

Ione said...

Brad's balls are a proud sponsor.